Monday, July 27, 2009

Health Update

Hi, everybody. In two days it will be a year since I had the stroke. I wanted to give a progress update. It seems I have improved somewhat, though from day to day that can be subjective. I am so glad I can speak, though it is still not easy, and that though I still have no real appetite, I can maintain my weight between 130-135 pounds. I am walking several days a week from a mile and a quarter to a mile and a half or so and lift weights two to three times a week, though by the time I finish either activity I am exhausted. Cooking is still very hard, and though I can do dishes, I don't do well. Laundry is still hard, but possible. I just found out about three weeks ago that I can ride an escalator like I used to without thinking about it, and can shower easily again. Brushing teeth and eating still take concentration, though I think they are taking less concentration than they did for a while. On some days typing is easier than before, though it is not yet simple. Concerning driving, I am still driving to church and short distances from home only.

Concerning my emotional and spiritual health, I am trying to move on. I am in counseling at my church, and that is helping some. I had never dealt with some of the issues raised when my marriage ended, and we've been dealing with that, and I am also dealing with who God made me to be--issues needing consideration to be able to move forward in my life. In addition, I am revisiting another issue that is very important to me, and that is divine supernatural healing. I believe God does it with all my heart and have experienced it quite often, but I am sad that I am not walking in it right now and feel I am letting God down even though that doesn't change His love for me. I think part of the good to come out of this stroke will be some new understandings only God can give me. I am also once again realizing the old adage that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I can't just receive what someone else says. I can (and need to) consider it, but I'm desperate for the Lord to speak to my heart. It seems those are the only things I really have been able to hold onto in my life.--Another thiing-it's very hard to feel close to God with all of this going on, but I want to get there again. I hear His voice in some areas again, but I long for more.

I am still not working--not enough stamina yet, but I am hoping with my walking and weights to build more. I am still going day by day financially, and will see what God does. He has been providing till now, and I'm very thankful.

Well, I guess that's all for now...more later as I know it.

No comments: