Monday, May 03, 2010

New Beginnings

Today is another new beginning. I have been in a funk for months, and a partial funk for some years, but I am waking up again. I got so tired of hurting and being scared and angry that I had to find a way to begin again. I choose to live, love, create, grow and be joyful.

To get here, however, I've had to revisit the painful areas of my life. It is rather like having a broken leg that healed wrong. It has to be rebroken and set to heal correctly. It's not fun, but very necessary. Without this and continuing work I would end up old (a state of mind, not body--I will get older, but I don't have to act old), and bitter and permanently burnt out.


How did I get to this place? By living life. But I am not alone. There is not one of us who has not been hurt and banged up in life. It is the human condition. The question is, what are we going to do about it? Are we going to stay in denial, or are we going to allow ourselves to heal so we can go back to growing and being productive and joyful (or maybe doing those things for the first time in our lives)? It is our choice.


The path to growth and healing is very individualized, for we are not clones. Each of us has different needs and wants to grow in different areas. What are your areas? I would love to hear about your life. You have read quite a bit about mine if you have read this blog over the years. If you would like to share about you with me or hear more about my path to healing, please email me at


capturedbygrace777@gmail.com


and I will listen to you and share more. I am not a sales person, and this is not a sales pitch. I am interested in all of us living in a way that makes us glad at the end of our lives that we were here. I care that we live and don't just exist--we all have so much to give and be, if we will only let ourselves. In the meantime, God bless your week with His peace, love, hope and joy.

1 comment:

ClaireElaine said...

I haven't written a poem in about four years. Tonight I wrote one. It's not anything super special or artistic, but it's meaningful to me. If you'd like to read it, see http://daniomalley.livejournal.com/

I have always been a writer, and have a plethora of poems and half started stories to show. I started a real book in 2005, and I am just now revisiting it. My goal for November is to finish the story -- or at least the first part of it. And tonight's poem gives me hope that I might be able to accomplish this goal.

I'm proud of you for facing the pain of a "rebroken bone". (Side note: I actually have had a bone that healed wrong and needed to be rebroken. Painful.) And I'm proud of you for moving on, for exercising the necessary muscles to improve blood flow and hasten the healing process. I'll be praying for you.