Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moving into God's Purposes

We have been coming into a deeper season in our church life over the past couple years. God is continuing to show us we can't go it alone without Him and each other on a daily basis. He did not save us and then leave us alone to muddle through life any more than He created the world and then let it run itself. No, He is a very personal God who wants to be our continual answer, not just our eventual answer. He gave me a poem that started during Sunday's message concerning our lives in Him.


MOVING INTO GOD'S PURPOSES
by Barb Irwin
c Mon, Feb 20, 2012

Father, You gave me salvation--
Jesus, mine before creation.
Since I've received Your life in me
I can choose to learn to live free.

Because You love me from Your heart,
You draw me, ask me to come apart.
If I obey, I hear You say
You'll help me change my life today.

For on my own I am a mess;
Though saved, I can't live in Your rest.
You want to freely give me life,
Help me change wrong choices and strife.

I need not stay in fear or rage--
You'll help me change my sin-filled ways.
Believing lies that seem so true
Does not reflect my life in You.

As Your truth and love work in me
My life looks more like Your story.
Reflecting more of Your great heart,
More of Your kingdom I impart.

This kingdom full of truth and cheer
Will remove others' shame and fear.
More of Your life spreads to others
Giving You more sons and daughters.

This is Your immediate plan--
You have ransomed the world of man,
Brought us back from self and sin
To Your great heart where life begins.


1 comment:

ClaireElaine said...

I keep coming back to this poem. It's beautiful, and I thank you for sharing it.