Tuesday, April 17, 2018

New Levels, New Victories...

I wanted to call this “New Levels, New Battles”, but that’s not how my Lord sees it. It seems the last year and 3/4 has been full of trials. In August 2016, my ex-husband’s father went home to Jesus, followed in February 2017 by my ex-husband, followed last August by my ex’s stepmom. Both  of my sons’ grandparents went home with sweet spirits and hurting bodies. My ex went home with colon cancer, but with love for our guys and for his Lord. There was a breathing spot for about two months. God is good to give us what we need when we need it. Thank You, Jesus!

At the end of October 2017, we began another trial, this time with my mom. She fell, ended up in the hospital, and was in rehab for about a month, even though she didn’t hurt herself much. Her balance was bad, and she had to learn to walk better. On the first of December she came back home with 24/7 nursing care which we weaned her off over the next month. She was back using her walker, but things weren’t going well living alone at 91 1/2 years of age. We started looking around and found a good assisted living place that she liked down near my sis and her husband. Things worked out and she moved in on Friday, February 23, 2018. She has lived alone for over 30 years, though, so this was an adjustment. But declining abilities have followed her.


Mom has fallen 3 times since her move, and is still being stabilized. This is causing all sorts of family upheaval, and the Lord is really working on all of our hearts. We are in process, but I sense victory ahead.


The Lord has shown me blogs to read that are shedding light on where we are now, and I’ve really been praying about how to deal with things. I have many prayer partners, friends of mom’s, friends of mine and family, and that puts us in a good place... More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb, your insight into God and how He sees us and our lives and struggles is SO insightful and encouraging. It is so easy for me to look at the negative and see the battle. Thanks for helping me see beyond, into God's perspective.
Gloria