Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Losing is the (relatively) Easy Part

Well, my weight loss is still puttering along, I'm happy to say. As of a week ago I have lost 18 pounds. I'm almost to goal. The catch for me is finding the will to maintain. I wanted to lose because I want to keep the diabetes and cholesterol and blood pressure in good control. I also have my son's wedding I want to look good for on June 23rd.That is almost upon me. Now it's time for new goals so I don't get derailed.

The issue with maintenance is somewhat involved. I hate being cold all the time which happens when I lose weight, even where I am now. I like feeling warm as I do when my weight is higher. When I went real low last time my extremely flat feet were very painful. I'm not going that low this time, so hopefully that won't be a problem. And thirdly last time I lost, I also lost my energy. That might have also had to do with the stroke I had.

Other than these physical things, I get tired of tracking and trying to be diligent about eating well. I am going to try to have enough recipes that eating well is second nature. Also I am learning that I don't need to be perfect. If I let down once, I don't have to do it every day. I also am working on having supportive people around me, and a full life so I want to do more than eat. If all these things are in place, it will be easier to succeed.

No comments: