Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Great Gift...

I was given a gift membership to Weight Watchers on Wednesday, March 15, 2012, and I want to see where I go with it and where it takes me. I have been on the program a week and a half. I started at 172.2 and aim right now for a goal weight at the top of my range, 160 lbs. (Since writing this, my new goal is 148.) In the first five days I lost 1.2 pounds.

Why am I here? For those of you who don't know, I had a serious stroke right after turning 58, a little over 3 1/2 years ago. High blood pressure was involved, and I had a diagnosis of diabetes as well. I got sick on my diabetes medication and could keep little down for five months, so I lost fifty pounds (went from 185 lbs to 135 lbs). I managed to stay down for 2 years even once I got off the meds and started controlling the diabetes through diet and exercise, but then I got tired of watching my calories so closely and began going up in the spring of 2010. Some loving friends wanted to help if I wanted it (she has been on Weight Watchers for years and is a lifetime member), and so here I am.

I have already been pleasantly surprised with the many ways I can work my program. When I've lost weight in the past I've used very few foods and very limited calories. It was torture to keep it off. It seems much easier to lose with the many choices I have. Here's to more changes! Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

ClaireElaine said...

How are you doing now? I too am trying to lose some weight, as I believe that my relationship with food is not pleasing to God. I am learning to make healthy choices, not just to restrict my eating. I have lost about four pounds in the last three weeks. Not as much as I would like, but I believe that God will work his glory in me.