Saturday, April 21, 2018

GOOD News!

I’ve been thinking lately about news and what the good news of God’s kingdom does for me. First, though, I have to hear and receive it. I have the news of salvation through my Lord for the future and for now. Once I receive that, I have the good news that my Lord loves ME and wants to help me live each day to the fullest by working in, through and for me. Both those pieces of His news give me hope, but receiving is a daily proposition.

There is another piece of good news that is reawakening in my heart recently. The body of Christ for the most part lost sight of it for many years, or else has held onto it in a religious way that hasn’t brought us the life we were meant to have from it. That, according to John Eldredge, is the good news that God says He is making all things new.

Without getting into the theology of timing, etc., that promise is in the Bible, and it is for now. What it means is there is nothing that is good in this world that we won’t see again and enjoy in its best form. When all looks dark and dreary, I’m beginning to look at that promise of my Lord and say, “Because of what God tells me, no loss of something good is gone forever. It’s a temporary loss I can endure here and now, because it will be restored to me in a greater way than ever before.” I will live to see this good on the earth God made for me to rule and reign over when He first thought of creating people. 

Because of this promise, I receive the energy to fight and war to see as much of His kingdom now on earth as I can, knowing that my Father is keeping track and keeping score and will bring that promise to fruition in its proper time. If you want to have this hope deeply implanted, I encourage you to ingest (not just read) John Eldredge’s new book, All Things New. Looking for wonderful days to come...

1 comment:

Anne L said...

Good news indeed. :)
Anne