Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thank you Part 2

I have been thinking about the stroke experience and have a few more things to add. Right from the very beginning God had help lined up for me. We didn't know help would be needed, but God did. Beside the fact that God has many times healed me directly without human help, I have always had a tremendous fear of all things medical, including doctors and hospitals. That first day of the stroke, my guys spent the day with me (and most days in the hospital). But I was afraid to be alone in the hospital overnight. I have a friend named Kim who was out of work at the time, and she spent the next few nights in my hospital room. (The one night she couldn't someone else could.) What a help and comfort that was.

Then later when I was at a friend's home for six weeks, Kim was able to spend a week with me while they went on vacation. She was excellent at compassion and caregiving and helped me with speech and walking some. Those areas were very helpful, and without this things would have been much harder.

I also had visitors--my mom and her friend would come, and my sis and her husband, my then pastor, his wife, and others. Also when I got into my new apartment, some people helped by sending premade meals. All of these things were on top of the things mentioned in the last article, and there were other things I'm sure I forgot to mention.

I am so thankful. Concerning relationships, whatever we know how to do can be a blessing to someone. Even the people who only visited or called once were a real blessing. They helped me know I was loved. Nothing we do for others from our heart is too little or unimportant, and if we do those things we are prompted to do, we are filling an important spot. When God orchestrates what He calls us to do, needs are comprehensively met and bring Him glory and show His love.

Let's do what God prompts, no matter how little or big it seems to us, and we will see how He weaves it into His plan in the days to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barb thank you for your insight! Much love. Shirley